Pages

Monday 8 March 2021

Sharing my Knowledge about Ecosystem

In Te Ngahere we have been learning about ecosystems. We were learning to make connections between different things we read or view to create new learning. Our purpose is to connect information we already know with new information to understand what we read.

I learnt that ecosystems need a producer, consumer, and decomposer to keep an ecosystem running. I learnt that energy flows through an ecosystem through something called photosynthesis which is the energy from the sunlight that allows plant matter to grow, every ecosystem needs the sun to produce the plants and trees which then helps the consumers. I also learnt that birds and trees have a mutual relationship, they benefit each other, the trees benefit the birds by giving them food (berries) and the birds helping trees reproduce from eating the berries so they don’t grow so close to other trees so they benefit each other.

Something I could do better next time is to re-read the text to find all the key information. Have you learnt about ecosystems? I hope you enjoyed.
Ka kite!


No comments:

Post a Comment