Pages

Sunday 21 March 2021

Ngahere Bush Walk

Kia ora. On Thursday in Te Ngahere we went for a bush walk down in the Ngahere. We walked down the Paihia School track. Before we went we had to research about the Ngahere, about what we could or would possible see.

When we went on our walk the first tree we saw was a Totara tree, I see them often but never knew the name of them. As we actually walked on the track we tended to find heaps of ferns and they were beautiful. I learnt different names of ferns such as the king fern which has huge leaves and also the silver fern. I also learnt about Kowhai Trees. I learnt that Kowhai flowers blossom in spring and can grow up to 25m high. 
I saw a koru curled up inside a tree. I was so amazed. I had a great time and we took heaps of pictures.

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post. I will have a few pictures down below to see what we saw. Have you been down the Paihia School Track?
Ka Kite!



No comments:

Post a Comment