Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

Frightening Tsunami

Last Friday we had to evacuate to high grounds. We heard a siren go and as scary as it was we had to stay strong. We were told there was going to be a tsunami at around 8.55am in the morning. We were all panicking and worrying as we evacuated our classrooms.

FIrst thing in the morning we were told to evacuate our classrooms, we couldn’t mark the roll, we couldn’t take bags or even shoes. We had to walk or run up a huge hill that was very tiring. I was so nervous and anxious to find out what would happen next. Jade and I were looking at the water to see if it was any different or if it had changed, but then I got picked up by my uncle and we went to Oromahoe. I was told the kids still up the hill ate at around 12.00pm because people were kind enough to give them food and risk their lives.

Something to remember next time is to stay calm around others to also help them stay calm. I had a scary experience on Friday especially to see students crying because they were worried about their families. Were you safe where you were? Ka Kite!



No comments:

Post a Comment