Pages

Thursday 17 June 2021

Sharing my Knowledge about Mosaic Art

 Kia ora. In Te Ngahere Gail and I have been working on a slideshow to show our class how to make a mosaic art piece. We used our knowledge from the past to teach the others. I wasn’t here when Gail presented it but I helped to create the D.L.O. We were creating mosaic arts to make a url for our school plants for our ngahere plants to show parents. What is a mosaic? A mosaic is a piece of art that includes all different shapes and sizes, that include different colours starting from three colours or more. A mosaic art piece is commonly used for floor and wall decor but we used it for our school. There will be an example of a mosaic piece I have made. I will also embed our D.L.O if you want to know how to make one of your own. The mosaic piece is of a turtle that was recently made. Something similar to mosaic is collage, we also have created collages but with paper. I enjoyed making my mosaic art. Something I think I did well was, choosing a very detailed animal, it was a bit too detailed for me but I like the result. Something I could do better next time is choose something that I like and that isn't as detailed so it could turn out better next time. Have you created a mosaic? I hope you enjoyed. Ka kite!


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Breeze my name is Tiana and I’m a year seven student in your class. I really like your blog post about Your mahi toi because you have a lot of detail to tell us what you were doing. Another thing i like about your blog post is that you have told us each step of what you were doing.. I have done this because I was there when you started.
    Was this fun to post about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiana thank you for commenting on my blog post and acknowledging Gail and my hard work. I mean I enjoy writing blog posts but this blog post took some time to write so I wouldn't say it was fun to write it I would say it was tricky.

      Delete
  2. Hey Breeze x, My name is Oshen from Kawakawa Primary School. I really like your blog post. It looks like you had alot of fun. I really like how you have put alot of info in about your time. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oshen thanks for commenting on my blog post. I actually had a lot of fun creating a mosaic but I'm not the best. Hope to see you around sometime like in netball. Have a good week.
      Ka kite!

      Delete