Pages

Thursday 27 May 2021

Defeat

On Saturday Paihia School the year 7 & 8 netball team had a netball game. This game was not like the rest, this game was very competitive because (Paihia School year 7 & 8) and The Bubz team were battling to win the Presidents Cup Award.

On Saturday we didn’t have high hopes of winning. We wanted to believe we were going to win but let’s be real we were going up against the most competitive team in our grade. They were even frightening to look at with their black and green uniforms. I was Goalkeep again for almost the whole game besides the last quarter, I had a very important job to do which was to try stop the Goal Shooter from getting the ball but she was all up against me and it was hard to defend her. Their passes were all on point and they worked together, they always gave each other complements working throughout the game and I think that’s what motivated them. On Saturday when we finished I couldn’t feel my legs or feet, my throat was even hurting. But it was all worth it because we are the second best team in our grade and we came second in the Presidents Cup but we had a major loss as we lost 28/5.

Something our team could work on is to motivate each other and to spread out, like try get free. Something I think we did well was trying our best and actually attending the game. Do you play competitive netball? I hope you enjoyed. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment