Pages

Thursday 8 August 2019

Science Fair

Kia ora ko Breeze toku ingoa. Ko Paihia toku kura. In Te Ngahere we have been preparing for a science fair. We have been learning how to carry out a scientific investigation. Last term in our reading we were learning about the scientific method. My science group was Mihipeka, Vanya and Nikara. We were trying to find out which pen brand has the most ink in it. We had to rule lines until our pens ran out. My pen was HomeBrand, Nikara’s pen was OfficeMax, Vanya’s pen was PaperMate and Mihi’s pen was Bic. Our group hypothesis was that Mihi’s pen would last the longest but as we got to the end our hypothesis was wrong. Nikara’s pen OfficeMax lasted the longest, My pen came second, Mihi’s pen bic came third and Vanya’s pen PaperMate had the least amount of ink in it. If you are looking for a pen that last the longest you should probably get OfficeMax. OfficeMax is only $1.30 HomeBrand is 30c each or $2.00, PaperMate is $1.30 and bic is 90c. What I found challenging is ruling the lines because my arm got tired. What I enjoyed was collaborating and getting help from my awesome group members.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Breeze my name is Amber. I really liked your science fair project. The part that was interesting was when your group tested which pen had the most ink in it. It was interesting that the pen with the most ink was the office max . How did you come up with that idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber it is Breeze in Te Ngahere. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I have just posted another science fair blog post, you should go check it out. I will be posting another one two because we are going to Kerikeri. I don't really know how we came up with the Idea, me and my friend we just saying things. Gina helped us with the title. You should comment more often on my blog.
      kia kite

      Delete