Pages

Monday 9 August 2021

Science Fair

Kia ora. Te Ngahere has been working on science projects. We have been working on our science projects to be judged and hopefully to be entered into the Kerikeri High School science fair. Gail Mahana and my experiment is about testing the absorbency of toilet paper. Something I learned was the variables, I learned that the controlled variables is something that stays the same. In our experiment I also learned that 3 ply is only 3x the size of 1 ply. Something I found hard was displaying the slides in the correct order, but I found that time management was easy for me because I manage my time pretty well. Something I would change next time would be to have used the same ply number of toilet paper because we used 2 ply and 3 ply and I think it wasn’t a fair test. I did get stuck in the pit at some point in time (the point where we tried to test the strength of the toilet paper but nothing we had would break it,) but when I got stuck I used my hoe of Kaha and Tu Maia to keep rowing our waka to success. I enjoyed making our experiment and completing it. Have you created a science fair project? Thank you for reading and I will embed my D.L.O at the bottom.
Ka kite!


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Breeze it’s Wairua from your class, I really enjoyed reading your post because you have added photos to your slides. Also because you have followed the scientific method in your slides. I have finished my science fair project but your science fair project looked more interesting.

    How did you go for the science fair?

    ReplyDelete