Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2021

I Am Hope

 Kia ora, Te Ngahere had a special visitor come in and talk with us about mental illness, his name was Tai. He had started with a story about his backstory and then started talking about inner critic. It was sad when he said that he could be in a room with his father but only have a conversation with him in his head. Inner critic is a voice inside your head that has negative thoughts about your surroundings. Tai said that inner critic is a voice that puts you down or beats you up inside. It makes you feel down and stink about yourself because of how people look at you, (for example, if someone smiles at you your inner critic will be like they don’t like you or their laughing at you etc). But there is something that helps you change called voice of reasons, voice of reasons is that there's a reason for your inner critic, (for example, if someone looks at you and your inner critic is beating you up inside, your voice of reasons will be like their just smiling at you they're not laughing etc.) Tais talk was very inspirational and we could all use it in the future. I hope you liked this blogpost but don’t forget to check out my D.L.O. Have you had a I Am Hope talk?


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora, Breeze. My name is Rebecca, and I work at the University of Auckland. Thank you for this post. I found it inspirational. Your DLO has helped me think about how often the inner critic talks, and how I listen to it, instead of asking my voice of reason to speak. I think you may have changed the way I talk to myself in my head. I wanted you to know that your post connected with me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rebecca Jesson, thank you so much for this comment, I feel famous. I really appreciate your comment because I didn’t think it would change how someone feels about themself but I guess I was wrong. I am so happy you read my blog post and it made you feel better about yourself and your inner critic. How much of a change did it make for you? Thank you again. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete