Pages

Monday 11 November 2019

Tips about Tuia 250 Flotila

Kia ora. Last Friday I went to the Tuia 250 flotilla with my family. The Tuia 250 flotilla was a re-creation of the endeavor coming to New Zealand and it has been 250 years since Captain Cook sailed here. On Thursday we saw the waka (Ngatokimatawhaorua) come in. On Friday we woke up really early and we saw the boats and waka come in. It was amazing. A couple of minutes after that we went back home and we went to get some food and drinks. When we finished we rushed to the marae so we could see the powhiri. The powhiri was amazing. It was amazing how hard they went in their haka and it inspired me to go hard in kapa haka. Then we looked at the waka. There was another ceremonial waka and you could see how small the waka was to Ngatokimatawhaorua. I took a video of the waka and the boats. After that we walked home. I hope you enjoyed my blog post.
Kia kite.

No comments:

Post a Comment