Pages

Thursday 14 November 2019

Interesting facts I bet you never knew about

Yesterday Whaea Gina came into Te Ngahere and taught us about healthy eating. This was really just about going over the things we have already learnt. Whaea Gina also brought two ladies who came in. I am sorry but this was the first time I had seen the ladies and I forgot their names. I was really excited and I started shouting out. There were four food groups, grain foods, meat and meat alternatives, vegetables and fruit, and milk and milk products. Grain foods mean to go, meat and meat alternatives mean to grow, vegetables and fruit mean to glow and milk and milk products mean whakatupu (grow). Grain foods are great in the morning such as brown bread or weetbix. Why I said brown bread is because it is healthier than white bread. Sometimes people won’t eat rice in the morning but it is great in lunch but if you want to eat healthier go for the brown rice. Whaea Gina said to have at least 2 foods out of the food groups in our lunches. After that the two woman Whaea Gina brought gave use a survey. Here is a slide show about what we Learnt.
Ka kite.

No comments:

Post a Comment