Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2019

Kapa Haka Performance

Tena koe, Last Thursday we had our Kapa Haka performance. When we arrived we were already in a room before we went on stage. I was scared because one group that was before us was Horeke and they were awesome. The group that was after Horeke was the ukulele group then we went on stage. Before we went on stage we were all squashed in a small room. When we were on stage behind the boards our Kapa Haka tutor was with us and she told us all to smile and told us to remember what we had practised. I was scared because the curtains were closed, then they pulled the rope to open up the curtains. We were finally on stage and our first song was a happy song so we had to smile through the whole thing. I think I smiled throughout the whole song and I think I did a pretty good job. When we walked off stage I was so scared because I slowed down on our poi and it almost stopped - but I made sure it didn’t. What I could have worked on in our entry was to pukana the whole way through because it is talking about who we are and where we come from. What I enjoyed was the whole performance because we didn’t just go there and show everyone a Kapa Haka performance but we also went there to represent Paihia School.
Hope you liked my blog post Kia kite.







No comments:

Post a Comment