Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2019

My first Blog Post (STEAM CHALLENGE)

Hello everyone welcome back to my blog. Did you have a great holiday? Well in Te Ngahere on the first day back at School we did a steam challenge. We made a newspaper tower but we only used 2 sheets of newspaper and 30 cm of tape. If you don’t know what steam means it is an acronym and stands for s-science, t-technology, e-engineering, a-art and m-maths. We were getting judged by who had the tallest newspaper tower. What I learnt was to create a free standing object with limited equipment. What I found difficult was rolling the newspaper because it would never be tight enough. When we were building our tower I kept on looking back at the timer because we only had 20 minutes to make our tower. We used 10-15 minutes of the 20 minutes deciding how we were going to make our tower. What we could have done better was all contributed in making our tower because one of my group members didn’t contribute as much. When we were judged our tower was 99cm high. Our tower was the fourth highest newspaper tower in my class. I was so surprised by how high it was because we didn’t have a base. I hope you like my first blog post this month. Bye. 
Here is a photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment