Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2019

Kapa Haka Rehearsal

Last week on Tuesday we had our Kapa Haka rehearsals at the Memorial hall in Kaikohe. When we arrived we were all gathered in a group before we went inside. I had to get a Paihia School T-shirt because I didn’t go to school and get a T-shirt before we arrived because my nan and I went to get some black pants because my brothers and I had no black pants. We stood at the back but then we got put all the way up the front. I was so scared because there was a lot of great performances. I watched a couple of groups and they were amazing but all I needed to focus on was my facials. It was finally time for our performance and I was so scared, throughout our performance our kapa haka tutor stood at the back and was making sure we were smiling. What I did well was smiling because I smiled almost throughout the whole performance. I enjoyed watching other people’s performances because the first group didn’t make me as nervous as I was because we could of been the first performance group. What I learnt was that when other people are performing we need to sit still and listen because the first performance group was probably really scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment