Pages

Thursday 29 July 2021

Marble Run 2.o

Kia ora, In Te Ngahere last term we attempted the marble ramp challenge once again. This time we only improved and adjusted our previous ramp. Tiana, Gail and I tested our ramp with a smaller size marble. Now the difference between these marbles is that the larger marble rolls further and the smaller marble stops before the larger marble.

While testing with a smaller marble we noticed that it stopped before 110cm so we then decided that we will add an adjustment underneath of the box that held the tube. This made the marble closer to where we wanted it to go and it was a huge improvement. After that we then fixed our instructions because they were not clear. Our instructions said push and flick but we noticed everyone doesn't push, flick, kick etc with the same force so we changed it.

Our new results were 21 and our old total was 8 so I am very happy with our new and improved ramp. Something I learnt from this is to experience and not to be afraid to change something about our ramp. Something I enjoyed was running another groups ramp, and see the improvements they made. Have you made a marble ramp?
Ka kite!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Breeze my name is Heavenly I go to Paihia School as well. Your marble run and your ramp look really cool. I like doing stuff like that in my spare time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heavenly thank you for commenting on my blog post it was really thoughtful. Thanks for acknowledging Gail, Tiana and my ramp, this was a awesome activity to do. What specific things do you make?

      Delete