Pages

Thursday 18 June 2020

Pou Pou Art

In Te Ngahere we have been doing art. For art we have been doing Pou Pou/Pou. Pou are carving that are normally found in a marae, they represent IwI/tribes or in other words they are a sign that marks territorial boundaries or places of significance that are carved by maori. They are made out of wood but we drew them on paper and colored them in with pastel. My theme was rainbow and I accomplished it. I used more warm colors then cold colors but when I am completely finished it would sort of be even between the mix. I learnt what pou meant and actually were because I had no idea what they were. My teacher Whaea Barbara also learnt something new. She learnt woman/girls don’t poke their tongues out. Here is a photo of my pou but it’s not completely done and it is very messy.
Hope you learnt something.
Kia kite ano.


No comments:

Post a Comment